Click the link below to upload your music.
This is an example of how you label your music...
#23.Name of piece.2:45.jazz2.lewis
label your music with your information.
if you have an issue then speak to your teacher.
Important things to know
when getting ready
for the dance show
Makeup - makeup is necessary on stage so that your face will show up. Otherwise the "hot" lights will wash out your face and you will look like a body dancing without a face:(
- Foundation (error on the side of a shade slightly darker rather than lighter)
- Some sort of blush or contouring
- False eyelashes/glue
- Brow pencil
- Eye shadow of your choice (something light/natural...avoid the bright colors that are trendy right now. They tend to look like bruises on stage)
- Lip color of your choice....red/coral/rose. Avoid browns as they look muddy on stage.
- Hairpins (NOT bobby pins!) and preferably Bunheads brand hairpins as they are made specially for dancers and are sturdier than the typical hairpins made to withstand the rigors of running around and dancing on stage. Four Bunheads hairpins will take the place of 15 or 20 regular hairpins. These are available at Dancer's Wearhouse in Agoura (5853 Kanan Rd) for about $8, come in three sizes, four or five colors, and will last throughout your dancing career here at Santa Su and beyond.
- Bobby pins, for securing flyaways. They come in several different hair colors and are available at CVS and Rite Aid. Large ones are not necessary as the hair pins will do the job of securing the bun. These are just for the small hairs that won't reach the bun.
- Hair spray/spray hair gel for securing the flyaways/frizz. Cheap is fine!
- MANY thick hair elastics. DO NOT come to the studio at call time with one hair elastic! As we all know, they break, and you must have many back ups with you.
- Hair nets (they also come in many hair colors) which can be found at Rite Aid and CVS, for placing around the bun itself and also for avoiding flyaways.
- Nude colored cami leotard for both protecting the expensive costumes from your body odors and stains, AND for protecting you from any existing body odors/stains in the costumes. These costumes cost us thousands of dollars every year and cannot be laundered for the most part, so please help us take care of these so they can continue to be used for years to come. (NOTE: these camis come with a variety of types of support. Choose the type that is right for you. If you need more, add an additional nude strapless bra or nude bra with clear straps.)
- Clean/unripped pink convertible/footed tights
- Clean pink split sole canvas ballet shoes (slightly dirty shoes can be Spray 'n Washed, scrubbed with an old toothbrush, and tossed in the washer and dryer if they aren't too destroyed)
WELCOME BACK SANTA SUSANA HIGH SCHOOL DANCERS!!!
In an effort to RE-BRAND the Dance Department, we have renamed Dance Ensemble. The PERFORMANCE COMPANY will now be known as the "dance collective."
We have Made a few adjustments to make the website easier to navigate. Dance Students now have their own page (Dancers) where they can locate all documents required for their course (syllabi, Critique, Terminology, etc.).
The dance collective will also have their own page where we will post important documents, updates, and media.